Have you heard about SGX Nifty ? In this post you will learn everything you need to know about SGX Nifty and how to identify the market trend before the market opens. You will get to know the sources from where you can track SGX Nifty and get SGX Nifty live chart.
Real Time Live SGX Nifty Price
What is SGX Nifty?
SGX stands for Singapore Exchange Limited. Just as we have Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE) in India. SGX is Asia’s leading stock exchange. SGX Nifty is Singapore Exchange Nifty which implies the Indian CNX Nifty traded in the Singapore Exchange. It is a prominent derivative of Singapore Exchange as it allows foreign investors to take a position in Indian Stock Market.
SGX Nifty Wiki
SGX Nifty Wiki – Visit
SGX Nifty Symbol
The symbol of SGX Nifty is SINF8. SGX Nifty by itself is not an index, but instead, it is the futures of CNX NIFTY 50 that trade in the Singapore Stock Exchange. You can track the price of SGX Nifty here.
Relation between SGX Nifty and Nifty
The volatility in SGX influences the other Asian markets. SGX Nifty is traded between 6:30 am to 11:30 pm while CNX Nifty is traded between 9:15 am to 3:30 pm. Because of this longer time duration of SGX Nifty the global political news, economic news, release of important economic data, affects the SGX Nifty even when the Indian Market is closed. Then next day when the Indian market is about to open it is affected by the price of SGX-Nifty. The NIFTY future of NSE that is CNX Nifty and that of Singapore (SGX-Nifty) equalises after the opening of the Indian market.
Consider a situation in which at 9:15 am if SGX-Nifty is 40 points up (+40) then you get the idea that Indian market (NIFTY) will open positively. Similarly, if SGX-Nifty is 40 points down (-40) then you know that the Indian market (NIFTY) will open with a negative bias. So basically SGX Nifty trend can help you to identify Nifty trend beforehand.
You can check SGX Nifty live moneycontrol before the Indian Market opens to get sgx market information.
You can use the following sources to check todays SGX Nifty live along with SGX Nifty Live Chart.
Singapore stock market opens more than two hours before the Indian stock market and is directly correlated to the Indian stock market. It moves in accordance with the CNX Nifty, therefore, it can be used a tool to predict the Indian stock market as it provides the initial direction to the Indian stock market. Besides, both Singapore and India fall on the same continent due to which there is a correlation between the stock markets of both the countries and the sentiments of the stock markets are dependent on each other.
The first and foremost that you should do in the morning as an investor or trader in the Indian stock market is to check the SGX Nifty Live Price here, basically, you should bookmark this page as you need to check it daily.
The current price of SGX Nifty will help you to understand the likely trend of the Nifty that day. You will be able to find out whether it is going to be a gap up, gap down or flat opening. You can then apply your skills of technical analysis to identify the support and resistance levels for the day. Technical analysis is possibly the only logical way by which you can find out the stance of Nifty in the current market situation. You can follow news and other methods but you won’t be able to trade accurately based on that and most probably you will be trapped by buying stocks at a higher price. So thanks to easy online availability of data, identifying the trend of the market is a piece of cake. You just need to carefully follow the steps given above daily.
Important Details about SGX Nifty
- Singapore Nifty (SGX-Nifty) is the Indian Nifty that is traded in Singapore Stock Exchange.
- It is usually the first indication of initial direction of Indian stock exchange.
- India as well as Singapore is in same continent i.e Asia.
- SGX-Nifty is available 6:30 AM to 11:30 PM as per Indian time.
- SGX moves along with Indian Nifty. So it serves as a prediction factor for Indian Stock Market.
- The margin at SGX is lower than those of NSE.
- SGX Nifty provides foreign investors the opportunity to invest in Nifty Futures.
Why Nifty follows SGX Nifty ?
1) Nifty derivatives contracts are listed on Singapore Exchange (SGX). So it is the same thing as our Nifty futures in terms of Nifty composition of stocks.
2) SGX opens earlier than Indian Stock Market. So the prices reflect the early market sentiment after factoring in the performance of other Asian markets such as Hong Kong and Japan.
3) The volumes on Singapore Nifty futures is equivalent to the volumes traded in India. So, by sheer participation the early move made in SGX-Nifty has to be respected otherwise there will be arbitrage opportunities.
4) The second-largest amount of foreign capital flow into the Indian markets is routed via Singapore. They prefer to take positions beforehand and hence trade in SGX instead of NSE.
How to check sgx nifty live moneycontrol ?
Step 1 – Go to moneycontrol.com
Step 2 – Click on the markets tab.
Step 3 – Click on the pre-market section.
Step 4 – Here you will find SGX Nifty live along with global / world market including the US market (dowjones live)
Video of this Blog Post
If you enjoyed this post, it would be great if you could help us by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!